DOCTRINES & BELIEFS
We believe in the divine inspiration of the Bible, and endorse all the teachings contained therein. Following is a summary of the basic tenets of our faith.
- THE DIVINE TRINITY - consists of three Persons: God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Ghost, perfectly united as one. Matthew 3:16, 17; I John 5:7.
- REPENTANCE - is a godly sorrow for sin with a renunciation of sin. Isaiah 55:7; Matthew 4:17.
- JUSTIFICATION or SALVATION - is the act of God's grace whereby we receive forgiveness for sins and stand before God as though we had never sinned. Romans 5:1; 2 Corinthians 5:17.
- SANCTIFICATION or HOLINESS - the act of God's grace whereby we are made holy, is the second definite work and is subsequent to justification. John 17:15-21; Hebrews 13:12.
- THE BAPTISM OF THE HOLY GHOST - is the enduement of power from on high upon the clean, sanctified life, and is evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance. John 14:16, 17, 26; Acts 1:5-8; 2:1-4.
- DIVINE HEALING -of sickness is provided through the atonement. James 5:14-16; 1 Peter 2:24.
- THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS -will be just as literal and visible as His going away. Acts 1:9-11. There will be two appearances under one coming: first, to catch away His waiting Bride. Matthew 24:40-44; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; second, to execute judgment upon the ungodly. 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10; Jude 14, 15.
- THE TRIBULATION - will occur between Christ's coming for His Bride and His return in judgment. Isaiah 26:20, 21; Revelation 9 and 16.
- CHRIST'S MILLENIAL REIGN - is the literal 1000 years of peaceful reign by Jesus on earth. Isaiah 11 and 35.
- THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT - is the final judgment when all the wicked dead will stand before God. Revelation 20:11-15.
- THE NEW HEAVEN AND THE NEW EARTH - will replace the present heaven and earth, which will be destroyed after the Great White Throne judgment. 2 Peter 3:12, 13; Revelation 21:1-3.
- ETERNAL HEAVEN AND ETERNAL HELL - are literal places of final destiny, each as eternal as the other. Matthew 25:41-46; Luke 16:22-28.
- MARRIAGE IS FOR LIFE - a holy institution that is binding before God, giving neither partner a right to marry again as long as the first companion lives. Mark 10:6-12; Romans 7:1-3.
- RESTITUTION - is subsequent to salvation, wherein wrongs against our fellow men are righted in order to have a clear conscience before God and man. Ezekiel 33:15; Matthew 5:23, 24.
- WATER BAPTISM - is by one immersion "in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost," as Jesus commanded. Matthew 3:16; 28:19.
- THE LORD'S SUPPER - is an institution ordained by Jesus so that we might remember His death until He returns. Matthew 26:26-29; 1 Corinthians 11:23, 26.
- WASHING THE DISCIPLES' FEET - is practiced according to the example and commandment Jesus gave. John 13:14, 15